As the center for Jewish life at MIT, MIT Hillel is a welcoming, pluralistic environment for all Jewish students, as well as for Jewish MIT alumni, faculty, and staff. Hillel celebrates and supports the development of individual Jewish identities on the MIT campus and within the greater Jewish community.
MIT Hillel offers a vibrant program of religious, educational, social, and Israel activities that enable the exploration of Jewish culture, tradition, and scholarship. Hillel strives to satisfy the spiritual, intellectual, and personal needs of all Jewish students.
Hillel enriches the lives of Jewish students so that they may enrich the Jewish people and the world.
As a result of our work towards our mission, Hillel International has awarded MIT Hillel the following awards:
- Hillel International's "Great Place to Work" Vision and Values Award, 2013
- "Award for Strengthening Global Hillel Movement", 2016
- 1 of 2 campuses recognized for exceeding Measuring Excellence benchmarks in all three areas of depth, breadth, and impact, 2016-2019
- The Phillip H. and Susan Rudd Cohen Outstanding Campus Award for exceediing those benchmarks in 2017
- "Innovation in Fundraising Award", 2018
Three of our staff, Rabbi Michelle Fisher, Marissa Feinman Freed, and Shoshana Gibbor, have all received the Richard M. Joel Exemplar of Excellence Award, the highest individual award given by Hillel International.