Grad Hillel is an association of Jewish graduate students, post docs and young professionals serving MIT and the greater Cambridge community. Grad Hillel sponsors social programs, dinners, outings, holiday celebrations, and classes to foster community and Jewish enrichment. Everyone is welcome at Grad Hillel Events.
A few highlights of our year round programming:
• Grad Hillel Shabbat Dinners: Once a month, we have a Shabbat dinner held in an on-campus graduate dorm.
• Torah and Tonics: Once a month, we have a text study with Rabbi Fisher about a topic of our choosing! Previous topics include: Jewish Perspectives on the Afterlife; Organ Donation in Jewish Law; and Ghosts, Golems, and Demons in Judaism.
• Boston Harbor Islands: Every summer Grad Hillel takes a trip to the Boston Harbor Islands for a day of fun in the sun!
• Welcome BBQ: Start your semester off right with a BBQ! Reconnect with old friends and make plenty of new ones.
• Sukkah Soiree: During Sukkot we celebrate in the sukkah in style, enjoying dinner while listening to live music!